• 1/2 cup butter
• 2 medium leeks, sliced
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 (14.5-oz.) can chicken broth
• 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
• 1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
• 1 cup matchstick carrots
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
• 1 large egg
• 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks and sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
• 2. Roll each pastry sheet into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over filling in opposite direction of bottom sheet; fold edges under, and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water, and brush over top of pie.
• 3. Bake at 375° on lower oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
*We added celery and onion to our recipe and didn’t use the hash brown potatoes with peppers, just the plain ones. Also, we browned our chicken first on the stove. I’m sure it would be a big help to use a rotisserie chicken that was already prepared from the store, but we had a lot of chicken that needed to be used before I froze it so that worked best for us. Also I would recommend making more of the rue with the flour and stock if you are going to add more or larger cut ingredients.
This turned out so good! We just loved it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.