The Easiest Chicken Fried Rice Ever!




This was one of those recipes I used to watch my mom make when I was young. So if I wasn't there hovering over her while she was cooking, I could smell the fantastic aroma from my room upstairs and all of a sudden I couldn't get downstairs fast enough to eat dinner. This meal is easy and for me, it’s a joyful meal; full of memories of my mom, her little red wok and the importance of family meals every night. It makes me so happy that my boys love (and I mean LOVE) this recipe. This is a great dinner that can easily be doubled for larger families and another great part is that it's not that expensive. Hope you and your family will try this one out soon and tell me how you like it! 

Jennifer 


The Easiest Chicken Fried Rice Ever!

½ pound of chicken (two breasts)
½ cup of white onion
½ cup of celery
½ cup of frozen peas & carrots
3 eggs
3 cups of rice
2 tablespoons of olive oil (for chicken and to sauté veggies)
10 (or more depending on taste) dashes of Soy Sauce

Preheat oven to 350 to cook the chicken. I trim the fat off the chicken, brush some olive oil on top and sprinkle some salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes. While the chicken is baking, cut up onion and celery, sauté in olive oil over a medium heat in a large skillet or wok. Cook rice according to box (I use minute rice). In a separate non stick pan scramble the 3 eggs until slightly wet.  When chicken is done, cut up in small cubes and add to skillet or wok. Then add cooked rice and egg and stir. Throw in frozen peas, carrots and Soy Sauce. Stir the entire mixture until well combined. If you like a crispier fried rice, turn up the heat  to medium high heat and let the mixture sit turning every minute or so to get desired crispiness!





Comments

Popular Posts