Awareness- what does that mean to you? The word awareness means to be conscious or having an understanding or knowledge of something; to be well informed.
- About 1 in 8 women in the United States (12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2010, an estimated 207,090 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 54,010 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- In 2010, there were more than 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S.
· 1 ½ cups of flour
· ½ cup of cocoa powder
· ¾ tsp of baking soda
· ¼ tsp of salt
· ½ cup (1 stick) of butter – room temp
· 1 tsp of vanilla
· 2 large eggs –room temp
· 1 cup of milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter for a minute or two, add sugar and continue to combine on low with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer. When it’s creamy add eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture (always starting and finishing with the flour) alternate with the milk until thoroughly combined.
Fill pans with cupcake liners – Bake for 20 minutes- then check, all ovens bake differently so you might want to check a few moments before. Makes 18 cupcakes
· 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
· 6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add remaining 2 cups sugar to reach desired consistency/ taken from martha stewart